Having smoke and carbon monoxide detectors

I can remember a time when I was younger when my family and I used to live in a little housing development. We knew everyone in our neighborhood especially our close neighbors. I had such great friends that I would play with after school. We would go and ride our bikes around the neighborhood with our walkie talkies. We would also occasionally play kickball and hide and go seek. I remember waking up one night to the sound of sirens. I thought there were emergency vehicles at our house. However it was our next door neighbor’s house. The carbon monoxide alarms woke our neighbors to indicate that there was carbon monoxide in their home. They rushed outside and called 9-1-1. It was a good thing that they had carbon monoxide systems installed in their home. If they didn’t they probably wouldn’t be alive today. Carbon monoxide is scary because you cannot see or smell the gas. Your body can instantly intake the gas and it can consume you in a matter of minutes. I’m pretty sure that everyone in that neighborhood had carbon monoxide detectors because every house has to be inspected and following a city’s code. I remember ever since that incident my dad would double check every month to make sure the carbon monoxide detectors with work. This was done by checking the batteries and pressing a little button that would make a sound. My dad would never want to be woken up by the sound of an alarm indicating that there was carbon monoxide in our home.

 

smart hvac

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *